Getting Started with VBID Hospice
by VNS Health Management Services Organization
As a leader in the CMS Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model, we can help your health care organization develop and implement a complete, effective, and compliant end-of-life care program for your members.
Turnkey VBID Hospice Program for Medicare Advantage Plans
CMS has expanded opportunities for Medicare Advantage plans to participate in a demonstration of its Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model Hospice Benefit Component.
Through the seamless integration of palliative and hospice benefits and services, we help your health care organization enhance the quality of care offered to terminally ill members while significantly reducing Medicare program expenditures.
Implementing the Right VBID Hospice Program for Your Members
With a 4.5-star MA plan that’s participating in our VBID Hospice demonstration, VNS Health offers deep experience across the at-home care and end-of-life benefits continuum.
We use industry-leading risk stratification and care analysis tools to manage all the operational, business, and clinical functions of your health plan’s VBID Hospice program, including:
- Risk modeling and patient identification
- Cost and care benefit analysis
- Customized hospice and palliative care strategies
- Provider network management
Partnering for Success
VNS Health has joined forces with Compassus to administer comprehensive hospice and palliative care services directly to health plan members in over 30 states.
Together, we complete the continuum of care for your most vulnerable members, covering their full range of transitional, palliative, and hospice care needs and improving their end-of-life experience:
- 24/7 access to care
- In-home multidisciplinary support, in coordination with primary care physician
- Coordination of transitional concurrent care
- Home medical equipment and personal care supplies
- Prescription medications
- Daily living assistance
- Physical, occupational, dietary, and therapy services
- Spiritual care and support
- Medical social services
- Caregiver respite (relief) care
VBID Hospice Model Communication Requirements
We help coordinate VBID Hospice Model communication and marketing required by CMS, so your plan can confidently launch and maintain your program in full compliance with current guidelines:
- VBID Hospice application and on-boarding
- Member engagement and health equity advancement strategies
- Patient identification, billing, and referral instructions
- Provider contracting and credentialing
- Templates for provider and member marketing
Preparing Your Medicare Advantage Plan for VBID Hospice
Our proven VBID Hospice roadmap is designed to reduce avoidable utilization and to improve the end-of-life experience for your members, without having to take on the administrative burden of managing value-based hospice and palliative care.
If your health plan is participating in VBID Hospice 2023, or if you are considering application for 2024, contact VNS Health to get started today.